It's quite simple really. No fancy pattern or "design". But I started it when I needed something that was completely random in construction and this fit the bill. I don't know what my quilt style is, so I don't know how this will fit into the bigger picture of my quilt story, but I know that experimenting with this has given me confidence to do the improv peicing on my sewing machine cover and my Carpenters Wheel. So I definitely feel I am an improv girl. Or at least improv is a significant component of my quilting personality.
Some places are more random/improv than others. Sometime I did strips and then
Other places I purposely cut crooked or in an odd shape to make myself
I also made sure to keep any bits I did cut off and used those as the start of the next block.
All in all, it's about single bed size. I'm planning to keep it in my study for those quiet reading times... At least this was the plan until I started Harry Potter and now he belongs near the books... Maybe I need to finish some quilts and work out if there are any empty surfaces left in my house :-/ It might just have to be carried around for those moments when you need nothing but a cuddle and a cup of tea :-)
And my Handstitched training is coming through, because I'm seriously considering embroidering some of the words/phrases on the fabric. I won't do it until I've had a chance to think about how I want to quilt it, because then I'll have a better idea of what it looks like and whether that will work. I have made an effort to space the words out so that the phrases are readable. And I've tried to centre some of the phrases I like the most.