FAL Q4 2018 - results

For whatever reason, this didn't post when it was supposed to, but to keep my records working, let's see how I did with FAL Q4...

I had a pretty successful fourth quarter I think!  I definitely feel like I worked my tail off. And I worked on things that weren't actually part of my plan, but I'm super dooper happy with them.

let's check out the list - 

Q4 plan
  1. Bind Linen Bricks - Done!! And gifted for Christmas
  2. Hand quilt and bind Penny Christmas - ha ha ha ha ha ha. Nope.  I have been trying to do the hand quilting, but the needle is not working for me, so it's slow going.  I am also tempted to do cross hatch, which means I've just doubled the amount of quilting I need to do.  I'll get there eventually.
  3. Finish 3 Christmas cushions
    • Ba Hum Bug - DONE!! It's not an exciting 
    • Have yourself a Merry little Christmas... I purchased one that has this saying on it, so not done, but I'm crossing it off the list. i'll make more cushions in the future, but this phrase is no longer needed.
    • Merry and Bright - No. But I did make an alternate cushion cover, so I technically do have 3 Christmas cushions. I also managed to buy one that has this printed on it, so the chances I'll ever make this are now slim to none ;-)
  4. Quilt and bind Grinch Quilt - No.  I laid it out on the floor and looked at it, but just stuck with what to do with it.  I think it's at the point where I need to pack it up and send it to the long armer and just have it done.
  5. Bind Swarm - DONE
  6. Bind Glimma Jelly Roll - still sitting and waiting for me.  I'll get to it soon, I promise!
  7. Bind Ghosts - DONE
  8. Piece Holly Berries (then buy backing) - DONE.  And I have set this top aside to donate to charity, because the finish doesn't speak to me anymore. Embracing the let it go philosophy.
  9. Piece Texting Love (then buy backing) - It's cut out and ready to go.  Hopefully over the Christmas holidays this will get completed.
  10. Quilt and bind Not-A-Jell-Roll-Race - Did the quilting, haven't gotten to the binding yet
  11. Quilt and bind Pink Bubbles
  12. Quilt and bind Rainclouds 2 (littlest Ball )
  13. Finish hand quilting and bind Anthologie Quilt
  14. Baste, quilt and bind Irish Fields - I got it quilted, but I still have to get it bound. I love this top so I am prioritising it for 2019.

I did absolutely nothing on any of my slow burn projects.

I also made Christmas pillowcases for our bed (2 each - I feel very fancy), and started and finished a quilt to give as a gift for a very good friend.

E xx


Comments