I, Erin (aka the lazy quilter), pledge to talk more about my processes, even when I can’t quite put them in the in words or be sure I’m being totally clear. I’m going to put my thinking and my gut feelings out there.
The premise behind this is:
- Do you have any new sketches to show?
- Is this design inspired by a past quilt or someone else's quilt you saw (link, please)?
- Does the color palette come from somewhere specific?
- Are you trying to evoke a specific feeling?
- Is this quilt intended for a specific person? How did that inform your choices?
- Are you following a pattern, emulating a block you saw somewhere, using a liberated process, or totally winging it?
- What are you hating about this quilt at this stage? What do you love?
- Did you push yourself to try something new?
- In working on the quilt, are you getting ideas about what you might want to try next? What? Did you sketch it?
And what's exciting to know is there are over 800 blogs out there on the interwebs that are porcess-ing along. I think this is pretty epic. I bet Rossie is pretty pleased with the idea that something she started back in 2010 is a) still going and b) going gang busters!!
Will you process pledge too?