While it may appear that I fell off the earth...

... I didn't. I'm still here. Just incredibly, ridiculously busy.

I haven't had time to scratch myself, barely had time to shower and what little time I can scrape together (by skipping doing laundry and wearing all my trousers twice... Three times) I have attacked my sewing table in the hopes of trying to get my bloody Harry Potter quilt finished.

And it's almost there! I swear I am so darn close I could almost cry. I am absolutely loving the process of making this, and it has been the most fantastic challenge, however it has taken up my entire sewing room for almost an entire year. I cannot wait to put all the random bits of material in their respective scrap jars and have a clean table. Even if it's only for 15 minutes until I pull out the next project :-)


So I beg your indulgence just a little longer. I am, maybe, another couple of hours away from a finished top. I have given myself until Saturday to finish so I can clean over the weekend (excitement of my life, lol). I promise to take lots of photos and ramble properly about the process of making him.


xx

Comments

  1. Go, Erin! I love Harry Potter, so look forward to seeing this finish. I recently cleaned my sewing room top to bottom of all dust/thread bits and lint and man-o-man it feels so much better. Hope everything falls into place for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm still working out how to make email reply's work, but I promise I read every one and will reply by email or on the blog.
E xx