Retreat Round Up

So I had my three days in the outback stitching up a storm with the lovely ladies of the BMQG. Heaven on earth, to be able to sit and sew without interruptions (other than being called to food you didn't have to make yourself).

I'm front row, second on the left. Holding (parts of) my Anthologie top

I had a pretty intense list of projects I wanted to tackle, and I managed to fit it all into my car, but it wasn't until I arrived on site and started to unpack, that I realised I'd left behind the extension table for my machine so anything that was "quilting" was not going to be worked on at all. (It's not a proper sew day unless you've left *something* at home.  At least it wasn't the power cord... I've done that before)

So what did I work on?? Well let's pull up the list, shall we...

  • My Swoon - bound on the first night and then slept under it for the rest of the weekend.  Photos to come soon.
  • My Anthologie quilt.  All the pieces are made and have been turned into slabs, *but* it's not a finished top because I need to work on my Dresden centres first, so they can be encased in the seams wherever possible.
  • River City Round Robin, round 2.  I started making HSTS, but my colour pull wasn't *quite* right so I'll go back to stash and see if there are better choices in there.
  • River City Round Robin, round 1.  I brought my blocks from round 1 that have been sitting under my sewing table and while I didn't work on them, exactly, I did have the opportunity to brainstorm and think I know what I'm doing with them now.
  • Pink and yellow medallion.  I added 2 more borders and started a third.  Love that this is something to play and learn on.  Remid me to tell you more about it!
  • Improv Mod Corsage. Did not touch
  • Pixie Medallion. Did not touch


  • So 1 finish, 1 practically finished, 1 with good progress, 1 with minimal progress and 1 brainstorming session.

    I mean, it could have been better... the girls around me were whipping out tops and bags at a rate of knots, but I am super happy with the spoils of my weekend.

    And now it's back to the real world, and real work, and hopefully at some point in the next week I'll have a chance to sew again :-)

    E xx

    Comments

    1. Woowoo! Look at you, lady! You rocked it! It's been AGES since I've been on a sewing retreat. I really should remedy that soon! :)

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    I'm still working out how to make email reply's work, but I promise I read every one and will reply by email or on the blog.
    E xx