WIP Wednesday

I have been diligently plugging away at my #makenine2020 but because they're epic, there's not a lot to show for it...

My #jellybeanquilt is the closest to finished, as I took the time to cut the extra fabric I needed and baste the pieces.  I need to add 2 rows to the far edge and it'll be a complete top.  No more getting a finished top and then deciding to make it *slightly* bigger.  This is it. Foot down. It is a good single bed size and that is enough. i don't have enough fabric to make it bigger even if I wanted to.


My #subtletyplottwist is coming along.  I basted all the pieces down and am lugging it from room to room to slowly needle turn all the pieces into place.  I've never done needle turn applique before so there are parts that are a bit tricky (pointy points are still beyond me), but I'm persevering.


And I started the cutting for the #pemberleygrande! Literally have only cut one block out, but it's an intricate and fiddly quilt, so that's not unreasonable.  I also have to make the decisions for all the colours and patterns in advance which stresses me out a bit, but again with the persevering!

So that's my plan for the next couple of weeks: to keep these 3 moving along.  I should be able to knock off JellyBean this week, and I want to get as much of the cutting and basting as I can done on Pemberley in the next fortnight as I am taking a holiday and want this to take with me.  The rest of the 9 remain in limbo, and I have had to talk myself out of "just starting a quick project" 3 times already.  There are just so many things I want to make, and I want it now! It also doesn't help that the make nine means I'm working on things that are literally challenging so it's not as fun and creative-muscle flexing as starting a whirlwind new project. I'm still having fun though, and I've been doing a lot more evenings with my hand stitching than normal and I'm really enjoying that.

Anyway, time to get stuck back into it :-)

E xx

Comments