Making for me

One of the things that got mentioned in the comments from my New Years post was that a lot of us are over committing and trying to rush through our projects. Often to satisfy someone else.

I though it might be nice to host a monthly link up of something you've made for you. In accordance with the no rush philosophy, you can be mid way through your project, but it has to be something you're sewing just because you want to.

So on the 12th of every month, the Making For Me link will be up. 

(I've desperately tried to make this a button, but it just wouldn't work. I'll keep trying for next month!!)

Now I'm doing this on Aussie time (and Qld time for you odd bodies with daylight savings :-D). I'll try and open it up first thing in the morning and leave it open for 48 hours. With luck, that will give you time to add your link in. 

I wish I could offer prizes and whatnot, but I don't have the resources. Hopefully being able to intentionally sew something for yourself will be reward enough!

So here, goes: the first ever Lazy Quilter link up.


Now I don't expect that there will be a thousand links today, as I really didn't give you any notice. But this will be here next month (and the month after that, and the month after that, and the month after that...) so take your time. Enjoy your sewing!!! And get ready to see some perfectly selfish sewing :-D

E xx


Comments

  1. You can count me in for next month! I can't remember how I ended up here at your blog - I can get kind of crazy opening links without keeping track. I love the little rush I get from gifting the things I make, but I also want to have some evidence around my home that I am, in fact, a quilter! Wait... I did just make a pillow for myself. I'll link that up! See you next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few people I've been chatting with over the past month, and we've all been busy making for others and forgotten ourselves. Other than the mess of fabric in my sewing room, you wouldn't know a quilter lives here!
      Thanks for linking up!
      E xx

      Delete
  2. Oh dang, I'm not working on anything for me this month. :( Maybe you should leave the link up for a week? That way people have time to add on their own schedules. :) Since it's only once a month... I dunno, just a thought!
    Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sold! I will attempt to rejig the link. I might break it though, so if I do I'll be blaming you :-)
      E xx

      Delete
  3. The only thing I've been doing for myself lately is (attempting to) clean my sewing room, so I've not got anything to link up, but I'm sure I will have in the future :D It's a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. You can link up a photo of your finished sewing room if you want to! (I am making myself some new pretties to go in my sewig room, as part of a big clean, so this is my project fro next months link up).
      E xx

      Delete
  4. LOVE this idea E. I soooo need to start sewing for myself. My house is the same - nothing to show for my crafty endeavours except for the mess! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Well think about what you want to make for you. You can post a photo of the fabric pull if that's all you've gotten done. No finishing required (not yet, at least!). I think I'm going to make some fabric baskets to help with my mess. Crafty and practical! ;-)
      E xx

      Delete
  5. I just made up my Q1 FAL list and there are quite a few things for me on it but I missed the linkup. This is a great idea! I am pretty new to sewing for myself but it has kind of become an addiction. Haha! Who knew you could make something fabulous and not HAVE to give it away to some poor soul who can't make it themselves?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really give anyone any notice at all! It'll be here again next month though, so you can have your project ready to go (great WIP list btw).
      E xx

      Delete
  6. Oooh, i love this idea! I definitely need to make more stuff for me! Looking forward to the next link up! (and i second the idea of leaving it open longer!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Come play with us :-) This was my first link, so I didn't work out the kinks. Will do so for next month though. And we'll hold it open for the week :-)
      E xx

      Delete
  7. I put the button in my WIP post today. I didn't realize this was a once a month thing.
    I do have a code that I used.....who knows where I got it from, but it was in my file LOL
    I will try to remember to come in and link up on the 12th of each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok Marsha. Thanks for linking in :-)
      E xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm still working out how to make email reply's work, but I promise I read every one and will reply by email or on the blog.
E xx