This weekends sewing goodness

Felt so productive this weekend. I actually got some sewing done! Makes me feel so happy.

I have to have an operation next week and the spend a week on bed rest, so I want some quilts to be up to the hand stitching stage before next Friday. This week is mission quilt. I want all the basting AND quilting done on 2 quilts by the end of next weekend so the week after I can lie in bed with the tv on hand bind.

If that doesn't happen in time though I did sneak off to Spotlight and but some little embroidery kits.

I know I've bitten off more than I can chew with the big one, so I went back and bought some simple cross stitches. With a little luck this will help my hand sewing become more proficient and discrete on quilts and clothes and neater and more lovely so I can do this fancy embroidery business on proper projects that I'd be willing to use or gift, not crap that will have to live in a plastic bag for the next ten years.

Anyway here's my hand stitching bag


And here's my achievement for the weekend.


I have got all the strips sewn together for Mia's quilt and now I just have to sew in the big double squares (which is freaking me out, because it involves maths) and it'll be ready to join together and good to quilt. I even have backing for it! I bought this cute flannel sheet set at spotlight for $25 (bargain!) and I'm going to use the flat sheet as backing and then give the lot as a matching set. With luck I might even do an appliqué or something on the pillow case. Or maybe pull the case into 2 and make two tops for it. I've run out of charm squares though... Hmm will have to think about that.


Hope your weekend was equally fullfilling!
E

Comments

  1. Hi Erin. Hope the op goes well. You have set yourself quite a task with all the quilting and cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously too big a task, as no real quilting got done. I have attacked the cross stitch though and it's comin along, even if I do say so myself! I love your blog, by the way. It's so beautiful and you have such fantastic projects.
      E

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm still working out how to make email reply's work, but I promise I read every one and will reply by email or on the blog.
E xx