Sharing the Calendar of Quilts love

A few months ago I mentioned that I had made up a Calendar of Quilts, and was going to embark on a mission to make quilts, for me to keep, that tied in with events throughout the year.  A way for me to decorate seasonally, without actually decorating seasonally. And also a fun way to make an interesting quilty bucket list and provide a prompt for those times when I just don't know what I want to make.


Now while I've been silent on the blog about it, in my sewing room I've actually been loving it!! I have to take pictures but that's the only thing in my way of sharing my first top for my calendar.

And I certainly haven't been silent about it with my quilty friends.  A few people have mentioned to me that they also seem to make a lot of quilts, but don't have many in their homes, and at times get stuck in that "what to make" bubble, and to them I've relayed my fabulous idea for the Calendar of Quilts.  And they're on board!! I told them I'd share a working list of events for them to make their own.  And if I'm going to share with them, I'm of course going to share with you.

If you want to make your own Calendar of Quilts, I've put together a bigger master list for you to use. 

I would suggest copying it to your own google drive or Excel and then adding to it and deleting things as you feel would suit you.  I know on mine I added mine and Ashley's birthday and our anniversary because I want something for those days in particular, but I don't really need to celebrate Bastille Day or Independence Day or Autistic Pride Day (but some people might). 

On this "Master List" I have included a few random "food" days - like National Donut Day or Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. I just think these are cool concepts and would have cool quilts (because there are some very fun patterns for donuts and ice cream) but, like International Tiger Day or World Toilet Day, they're obviously they're not events you would normally decorate for.

I have included some random religious days, some events that are Australia specific (or US, UK or other - I'm trying to make sure all my peeps are covered), some random nerd fandom days and some annual charity events.

I guess the idea is to think about what events during the year that you'd like to include in your home. Whether that's because they're important and special or fun and whimsical - what speaks to *you* and your family and home.


If you have days that you think I should add to the Calendar that other people might enjoy, or if you have a genius way of reformatting this so it's more user friendly please let me know so I can update it and make it the best it can be.

Let me know if you decide to join in!! I'd love to see what you make, and what events you decide to celebrate.

E xx

Comments