Works in progress

Hi hi! Have so many projects in the go this week, I don't even know where to start!

First up is my owls. The top's all done, but I've decided I don't like the colour of the fabric I bought for backing so I have to do some more fabric shopping... It's a hard life.


I have finished the patchwork of my little pink kit quilt, so it's ready for stage two. I am trying to decide if I want to add wadding or not. It is double sided minky so it will be pretty warm without it. My biggest concern on going without is all the seams inside might make it feel lumpy and less snuggly. And will it affect the way I quilt I think I'm doing standard in the ditch quilting, so not very exciting, but I guess I'm just nervous about doing something I've never tried before.


As for little bluey. It's almost time for buns to be born so I have to get a wiggle on and get this quilt finished! I have to say, I'm not in love with this quilt. I think all the colours and textures are great and perfect and I'm happy with the random width pieces, that's all good. I just find it a bit boring. I'm thinking that if this is really what B wants I might try to learn to applique and do the babies name on the bottom. I've never appliqued anything before, but I'm hoping it will give the quilt that second element I think it desperately needs.


Also I don't love the black border. I am finding it a bit too dark and depressing, particularly for a baby quilt. Again more shopping needed! Unless this applique idea works and makes the black look elegant or something... Not sure. Not sure.

And then I have this...



I don't want to show you all yet. I'll save that for later in the week. But I am loving this. Love the mix of colours, I am still prevaricating on design, but I think I'll get there within the week. I'll save the story for another day though!

So that's my WIP for the week. And I have genuinely worked on each of these this week! That's a record for me. I've chosen to leave off the WIP I haven't touched in a little while, as they're less work-in-progress and more sit-in-a-corner-with-no-progress.
Maybe next week!

E
xx

Comments